Friday, January 20, 2012

Little Miracles


Following Raul’s recommendation, I emailed Little Miracles to introduce myself and ask some questions. I wrote that I was concerned about being a “guinea pig” for a new program, assuming they even got their accreditation. Andrea Jacobs emailed me back, introducing herself as the caseworker for the Colombian program. She has spearheaded many pilot programs for Little Miracles and assured me that the personnel they have contracted with in Colombia (ie. attorney and translator) have years of experience. She offered to set up a time to call us to address all of our concerns.



Tonight we got to talk to Andrea and her enthusiasm is contagious. She seemed very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. She reiterated that she has worked on many pilot programs and is very excited to get this program started. She also said they have worked with Randy Barlow on many occasions and had nothing but good things to say about him! After our chat, Victor and I feel very confident in our decisions to use Randy (Jane) as our social worker, and Little Miracles as our adoption agency. Now I just keep praying that they get their accreditation, and soon!

On a side note, we received an email from Daniela of the Italian Central Authority, saying that she needs “a declaration by U.S. military authority, stating that your presence in Italy is governed by the NATO Status of Forces Agreement and that you are neither nationals of nor residents of Italy.” Victor is working on getting this letter from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment